Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Eulogy

“Come play with me!” hastened a longing whisper from my window, one autumn evening.

Enraptured! No resistance! Soaring together through the Night on gossamer

I followed you, down the nights and down the days....


“A land without fears! A place to never grow up!” seduced the ancient child, weaving promises in the half-light

“Blackstone! Turning Leaf! Laughing Raven! surely you are the Pan!” I surrendered. “I will chase you!....only for a time" A mindless musing - forgotten reason, wrapped in warmth and numbness

I followed you, down the arches of the years.....


“So many games to play! hide and seek; success and scandal. desperate scramble!” blazed the decadence; serpentine and velvet

“I fear you; I want you!” Overtly splitting; reality, rose-colored; brooding despair; confused denial

I followed you, down the labyrinthine ways of my mind; through the mist of tears.....

“Dueling shadows; waking nightmares; Lost Boy!” Condemnation, haunting the silent chaos

“Wait! How?” Blindness! stomach churning and head spinning; shame consuming

I followed you, through the maddening laughter....

“Pursue Me! Consume Me! I AM!” Bellowed the Liquid Nothing

“Nowhere!” bitterness and madness; binding darkness

I followed you down the titanic gloom of chasm fears....


"All will betray you, if you betray Me"

“O Selfish Giver! Slavish devotion... must I die for you?"

Entrenched! Resistance....sinking only deeper within my static Night

Behold, in the midst of darkness, Dawn; a Piper playing, reaching out at the Crossroads


“Weakness is strength; the Ego, deadly” offered a still, small voice.

Tomb; New Life


“Goodnight my Pan; Numbness, Seducer, Child Thief. Today, I declare my Hope”

No comments:

Post a Comment